Matcha cigarettes russes (Rolled tuile biscuits) recipe
We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
This is a twist on classic cigarettes russes, wafer-thin biscuits which are shaped immediately after baking.
2 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 15 to 20 biscuits
- 10g matcha powder
- 90g plain flour
- 90g butter, softened
- 90g caster sugar
- 3 egg whites
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:5min ›Extra time:1hr resting › Ready in:1hr20min
- Mix matcha and flour in a bowl. In another bowl beat butter and sugar till creamy. Add egg whites and stir well to combine.
- Whisk the flour mixture into the egg mixture. Cover and let rest for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Line a baking tray with a silicone mat or baking parchment.
- For each cigarette russe place 2 tablespoons of the mix onto the prepared baking tray. Spread it thinly to a rectangular shape using the underside of a spoon.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven. Now it is crucial to work very quickly: Gently remove a cigarette russe from the baking tray with a spatula and place it around the handle of a cooking spoon or any other cooking tool with a long round handle. Leave it there until hardened, then gently remove it and let cool.
- Shape all cigarettes russes as described.