Eggs in Purgatory
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
My Eggs in Purgatory is a traditional Italian breakfast or anytime meal. This is a perfect Paleo recipe and also gluten free.
When entertaining just prepare this in a baking dish the night before. No mess No fuss – one pan breakfast! How easy, delicious, healthy and of course Italian!
NOTE: I used 1 sweet chicken and 1 hot chicken sausage
Cooks Note – This is a great way to use leftover sausage but if you want to cook at the same time then saute the cut up sausage in the pan with olive oil – I removed the casings first. Then saute for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and place on a plate, wipe pan down – add more olive oil then follow recipe instructions.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 4 baby belle mushrooms sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4-1/2 Teaspoon Simply Organic red pepper flakes
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried Simply Organic basil
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried Simply Organic oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried Simply Organic parsley
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 14oz canned crushed or diced tomatoes
- 4-6 large eggs
- Grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 2 sausages - cubed and cooked
- Fresh herbs for garnish