We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Cooks In40 minutes plus cooling
Nutrition per serving
Calories 199 10%
Fat 9.5g 14%
Saturates 1.6g 8%
Sugars 11.9g 13%
Salt 0.3g 5%
Protein 5.5g 11%
Carbs 22.6g 9%
Fibre 2.9g -
Of an adult's reference intake
- vegetable oil
- 75 g blanched almonds
- 250 g rolled oats
- 40 g sunflower seeds , or pumpkin seeds
- 100 g runny honey
- 6 tablespoons smooth peanut butter , or almond butter
- 10 Medjool dates , stones in
- 40 g bran
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 50 g sour cherries , or dried cranberries
- 50 g dried apricots
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4. Lightly grease a 22cm-square baking dish with oil, then set aside.
- Roughly chop and add the almonds to a large baking tray with the oats and seeds. Spread them out into an even layer and place in the hot oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden, stirring halfway through.
- Gently heat the honey and nut butter in a small pan over a low heat. Meanwhile, slit open the dates, pull out and discard the stones, then place into a blender with 100ml of warm water.
- Blitz to a paste, stir into the warmed honey mixture, then leave to cool.
- Transfer the toasted oat mixture to a large bowl with the bran, cinnamon and salt. Roughly chop and stir in the dried fruit, then mix in the honey mixture until well combined.
- Spoon it into the prepared baking dish, using the back of a spoon to press it into an even layer.
- Bake in the hot oven for 15 minutes, or until golden and set.
- Leave to cool slightly, turn it out onto a board and cut into squares, then set aside to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.