The Hix turkey burger
We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Cooks In1 hour
DifficultyNot too tricky
Nutrition per serving
Calories 458 23%
Fat 14.1g 20%
Saturates 3.8g 19%
Sugars 22.1g 25%
Salt 2g 33%
Protein 31.6g 63%
Carbs 51.9g 20%
Fibre 2.4g -
Of an adult's reference intake
- 450 g coarsely minced free-range turkey thighs (ask your butcher to do this)
- 100 g Cumberland sausage meat
- 5-10 Brussels sprouts
- 2-3 tablespoons free-range mayonnaise
- vegetable oil
- 4 hamburger buns
- CRANBERRY SAUCE
- 500 g fresh or frozen cranberries
- 400 ml fresh orange juice
- 250 g sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 fresh bay leaf
By Mark Hix
- To make the sauce, put all the ingredients into a heavy-bottomed saucepan, place it over a medium–high heat and bring it to the boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for about 30 minutes, until the cranberries have broken down a little and the liquid has thickened.
- Transfer to a clean container or sealable jar and leave to cool for about 1 hour.
- Season the turkey, then mould it into patties a little larger than the buns. Using a 3cm circular cutter, cut a hole in the centre of each patty and pack in the sausage meat, pressing any excess turkey around the edges.
- Trim halve and finely shred the sprouts, then combine in a bowl with enough mayonnaise to bind them, season to taste, then set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4.
- Brush a griddle pan with oil, place it over a medium heat and cook the burgers for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, until the juices run clear, then place in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Cut the buns in half and warm them under the grill.
- To assemble the burgers, spread the remaining mayonnaise on the bottom of each bun, sit a burger on top, spoon on a dollop of cranberry sauce and finish with the sprouts.