St Clement’s shortbread
We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Makes 16 pieces
Cooks In45 minutes plus chilling
DifficultyNot too tricky
Nutrition per serving
Calories 202 10%
Fat 10.7g 15%
Saturates 6.7g 34%
Sugars 6.3g 7%
Protein 1.3g 3%
Carbs 23.7g 9%
Of an adult's reference intake
- 200 g unsalted butter (at room temperature) , plus extra for greasing
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 100 g caster sugar , plus extra for sprinkling
- 300 g gluten-free flour
- 50 g rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
By Georgina Hayden
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4, and grease a baking tray with the extra butter.
- Finely grate the orange and lemon zest. Beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy, then add the citrus zest. Stir in both flours and the baking powder and bring together into a dough.
- Place on the prepared baking tray, then roll into a large round. Score the shortbread in fans, like a clock, and crimp the edges. Prick with a fork and chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake the shortbread for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove and leave to cool on the tray.
- While still warm, sprinkle over a little extra caster sugar and gently press into the shortbread. Cut the shortbread along the scored lines and leave to cool completely.