We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Cooks In50 minutes
Nutrition per serving
Calories 493 25%
Fat 38.2g 55%
Saturates 7.6g 38%
Sugars 2.1g 2%
Protein 10.6g 21%
Carbs 25g 10%
Of an adult's reference intake
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 700 g potatoes
- 300 g kale or cavolo nero
- extra virgin olive oil
- 150 g higher-welfare chorizo
By Andy Harris
- Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic, dice the potatoes, finely shred the kale or cavolo nero, and slice the chorizo.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of oil in a saucepan over medium heat and fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes, or till they begin to soften.
- Stir in the potatoes, season with sea salt, and cook for a further 5 minutes. Add 1.25 litres water and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft.
- Mash the potatoes into the liquid to produce a smooth purée. Add the kale and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan over medium heat and fry the chorizo slices, sprinkling paprika over them in the pan, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the chorizo to the soup, then ladle the soup into bowls and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Delicious served with a swirl of oil in each bowl and slices of corn bread.
Roll up the kale leaves tightly like a cigar (cut out the thick stems first) before cutting into wafer-thin strips as they do in Portugal. You can buy corn bread at Portuguese stores like London’s Lisboa Delicatessen, or substitute with decent ciabatta