We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Serves 4 to 6
Cooks In50 minutes
Nutrition per serving
Calories 672 34%
Fat 36.6g 52%
Saturates 9.6g 48%
Sugars 2.4g 3%
Protein 48.7g 97%
Carbs 36.7g 14%
Of an adult's reference intake
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 1 handful of black olives
- 1 small ciabatta loaf
- 8 free-range chicken thighs or drumsticks
- 2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
- 1 dried red chilli
- 8 slices of higher-welfare pancetta or thin-sliced smoked streaky bacon
By Georgina Hayden
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4. Get a deep roasting tray big enough to fit all the chicken in one layer.
- Pick the basil leaves, break the bulb of garlic into cloves, then destone the olives.
- Rip the ciabatta into medium-sized chunks and place in the tray with the chicken, tomatoes, basil leaves, unpeeled garlic cloves and olives. Add a generous drizzle of oil, a pinch of sea salt and black pepper and the chilli.
- Toss to mix up well, then reposition the chicken on top. Bake in the oven, turning the chicken after 30 minutes.
- After another 30 minutes, drape the pancetta or bacon on top of the chicken and return to the oven for 15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked and falling off the bone. Lovely with a crisp green salad.