We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Serves 8–10 as a starter
Cooks In45 minutes
Nutrition per serving
Calories 567 28%
Fat 45.8g 65%
Saturates 9.3g 47%
Sugars 3.5g 4%
Protein 11.3g 23%
Carbs 26.5g 10%
Of an adult's reference intake
- 1 kg potatoes
- 200 g cheese , such as Cheddar
- 4-6 tablespoons plain flour , plus extra for dusting
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 200 g cooked quality haggis
- 400 ml vegetable oil , for deep-frying
- Tomato chutney
By Abi Fawcett
- Peel and halve the potatoes, then cook in boiling salted water for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Coarsely grate the cheese. Once cooked, drain the potatoes and mash through a ricer.
- While hot, add the cheese, flour, eggs, haggis and plenty of sea salt and black pepper. Mix well, then leave to cool.
- Dust a baking tray with flour. Working with walnut-sized pieces, roll the mixture into finger-shaped croquettes, then place on the tray – you should get about 45.
- When you're ready to cook, heat the oil in a frying pan, add the croquettes (work in batches) and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove to kitchen paper to drain, then serve hot with tomato chutney.