Bombay potato salad
We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Cooks In40 minutes
Nutrition per serving
Calories 169 8%
Fat 4.6g 7%
Saturates 0.8g 4%
Sugars 2.6g 3%
Protein 3.8g 8%
Carbs 26.5g 10%
Of an adult's reference intake
- 1.5 kg salad potatoes
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 red onion
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons mixed seeds, such as pumpkin and poppy
- 1 bunch of mixed fresh herbs, such as parsley, mint and coriander
- 1 large handful of fresh peas
By Georgina Hayden
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC/375ºF/gas 5. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
- Leaving the skins on, halve any larger potatoes, then place them all in the water and parboil for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain, steam dry, then transfer to a roasting tray. Crush slightly with a fork, drizzle with oil, then sprinkle over the cumin seeds and turmeric. Season, toss to coat, and roast in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
- Peel, finely slice and place the onion in a shallow bowl, squeeze over the lemon juice and leave to soak.
- Toast the seeds in a dry pan and set aside. Pick and finely chop the herb leaves.
- When the potatoes are ready, leave to cool a little, then transfer to a serving bowl. Add the onions, herbs, peas and a drizzle of oil. Toss to coat, then serve sprinkled with the toasted seeds.