Queen of puddings
We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Cooks In1 hour 20 minutes
DifficultyNot too tricky
Nutrition per serving
Calories 227 11%
Fat 6.6g 9%
Saturates 3.2g 16%
Sugars 26.1g 29%
Protein 5.9g 12%
Carbs 35.7g 14%
Of an adult's reference intake
- 25 g butter , plus extra for greasing
- 285 ml milk
- 100 g sugar
- 85 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 large lemon
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
By Mrs Harris
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4. Grease a 20cm pie dish.
- Place the butter, milk and 1 tablespoon of sugar in a saucepan over a low heat and bring almost to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a bowl and pour over the hot milk mixture. Allow to soak for 15 minutes.
- Separate the egg yolks and whites, and lightly beat the yolks.
- Stir the lemon zest and juice into the soaked bread mixture, then add the beaten egg yolks.
- Pour into the pie dish and bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until firmly set.
- Remove and allow to cool, leaving the oven on.
- Lightly warm the jam in a pan, then spread it evenly over the pudding.
- For the meringue topping, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form, then gradually add the remaining sugar and whisk until smooth and glossy.
- Spread the meringue over the jam and return the pudding to the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the meringue is lightly browned on top. Serve the pudding hot, with cream.